Monday, March 10, 2008

Some Medical Advice

I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, she said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking her, "Do you think I'll live to be 90?"

She asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?"Oh no," I replied "I'm not doing drugs either." Then she asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"
I said, "No, my former doctor said that red meat is very unhealthy!"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"

"No, I don't," I said. She asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a little too much sex?""No," I said. "I don't do any of those things."She looked at me sadly and said, "Then why do you give a shit?"

No comments: