Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Saint Paddy's Day....according to the church, its over!

March 17 for centuries has been the date to celebrate, but this year Irish Bishops voted to celebrate St. Patrick's Day on March 15 because the 17th falls within Holy Week. This is the only time it has been moved since 1940.

Which reminds me of the time St. Patrick visited an Brussels Irish pub.
The Fleming, The Walloon, and the German Belgian see St. Patrick and each buys him a beer.

Before leaving, St. Patrick shakes the Flemings hand. The Fleming says, "My arthritis! St. Patrick, your touch has cured it!"

St. Patrick next shakes Belgian Germans hand, and The Belgian German says, "My blind right eye! St. Patrick, you've cured it!"

St. Patrick goes to shake Walloons hand, but the Walloon jumps up from his chair and runs away from him."Get away from me, St. Patrick." says the Walloon. "I'm on disability!"

No comments: