Wednesday, October 10, 2007

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

What is it about getting your lover’s name tattooed on yourself that leads to a breakup?
The more superstitious might say that getting such a tattoo activates Murphy’s Law; I’m more inclined to say that it’s both a warning sign and an expensive (and permanent) act of denial.
Steelworker Alan Jenkins got the surprise of his life when he discovered that his 36-year-old wife Lisa was having an affair after spending £870 and 20 hours getting life-size tattoos on his back of faces of his wife and daughters Daniella and Jade.
"It's a real sickener.
I thought she was happy. I had it because I thought we loved each other - I feel very betrayed," but says he'll keep the tattoo. Suspicions arose when Kaspars Gavars, 25, a Latvian fitness instructor, began carpooling with her.
If you think that Alan Jenkins has learned his lesson, you would be wrong:
He could be forgiven for wanting his wife off his back for good, but despite his heartache, he has no plans to have to tattoo removed.
“Lisa may have left me but she’ll be on my back forever thanks to the tattoo,” he said.
“But I’ve still got plenty of room on my chest if I get hooked up again.”

No comments: