Friday, April 18, 2008

Softball Heaven

Two old guys, Randy and Dan, had been friends for ages. When it was clear that Randy was dying, Dan visited one day. He said we both loved playing fastpitch all our lives, do me one favor, when you get to Heaven, somehow you must let me know if there's softball there.
"Randy died, and at midnight a few nights later, Dan was awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him, "Dan, Dan"
"Who is it?" asked Dan, sitting up suddenly. "Who is it?"
"Dan -- it's me, Randy."
"You're not Randy. Randy just died."
"I'm telling you, it's me, Randy," insisted the voice.
"Randy! Where are you?"
"In Heaven," replied Randy. "I have some really good news and a little bad news."
"Tell me the good news first," said Dan.
"The good news," Randy said, "is that there's Softball in Heaven. Better yet, all of our old buddies who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again, and on the bottem side of two bills. Better still, it's always springtime, and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can play softball all we want, and we never get tired."
"That's fantastic," said Dan. "It's beyond my wildest dreams! So what's the bad news?"

"You're pitching Tuesday."

Got it from Joe Z. and modified a bit....

No comments: