Saturday, October 31, 2009
My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started, and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.
Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Alabama because of bad weather.
Thank God our kids were with me at the Beach House this weekend.
The absence of a post-crash fire was due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.
The photograph above, was taken at the scene and shows the extent of damage to her aircraft. She was very lucky.
Joshua Bell playing incognito in the metro station was organized by
The Washington Post as part of an social experiment about perception,
taste and priorities of people.
No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the best
Musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces
Ever written with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.
Two days before playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a
Theater in Boston and the seats average $100.
Stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected
Context?".....my guess is "no". Read the details.....
Liaison Dangereuse is an exclusive Online-Lingerie-Store in Germany. Their claim is "Sexiness for everyone. Everywhere." I guess they really mean "everyone!" I saved you guys the trouble of Googling the young Fräulein in the ad.....here ya go.
1. As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches certainty.
2. Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won’t mistake for the real thing.
3. “If it exists, there is porn of it.
4. Any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself” or “the likelihood of an error in a post is directly proportional to the embarrassment it will cause the poster.
5. “In any discussion involving science or medicine, citing Whale.to as a credible source loses the argument immediately, and gets you laughed out of the room.
6. “If you have to insist that you’ve won an internet argument, you’ve probably lost badly.
7. A person’s mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion. 8. Anyone who posts an argument on the internet which is largely quotations can be very safely ignored, and is deemed to have lost the argument before it has begun.
9. Whoever resorts to the argument that ‘whoever resorts to the argument that… …has automatically lost the debate’ has automatically lost the debate
10. The more exclamation points used in an email (or other posting), the more likely it is a complete lie. This is also true for excessive capital letters.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
English Premier League player Darren Bent of Sunderland sent a shot deflected off a balloon past Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina in the fifth minute to give Sunderland a 1-0 lead and eventual win by the same score.
Amazingly, you can actually see on the game telecast the boy who punched the balloon (beach ball) onto the field.