Thursday, November 15, 2007

How the weak dollar is like, killing your buzz, man

When I was in college, the bud from the Pacific Northwest was the good stuff one had to get from a trusted dealer, and the Mexican stuff was the cheap shit the guys in the know mixed with oregano and sold you (not that I would know from personal experience). This was back when the dollar was strong, imports were cheap and my roommate was friends with a dealer called The Magic Man. Alas, those days are no more, and not just because my old roommate is married and The Magic Man is likely in prison.
I took some sort of economics class, where I vaguely remember something like strong dollar=cheap imports, weak dollar=cheap exports. Econ classes taught me this was good for America.

Canadian bud is becoming more and more expensive and scarce, forcing potheads everywhere to start using cheap Mexican crap. damn NAFTA. Canadian jobs for Canadians, man!
How the weak dollar is like, killing your buzz, man

No comments: